Friday, April 18, 2008

Ironman "Reminder"

I thought this was kind of funny. I received an email with the subject "Ironman Reminder Letter". And I was thinking, yeah, like I REALLY need to be reminded that Ironman is coming up. Turns out it was a message from the hotel letting me know that my deposit becomes non-refundable next week. It's pretty much a non-issue since canceling is not an option, but at least it's good to know my reservation is still on file.

I am surprised that we're not getting more CDA-specific messages from Ironman. I'm on their mailing list so of course I'm getting all the announcements about Arizona or other general-interest items. But I was expecting... well I'm not sure what I was expecting. Maybe every 2 weeks or so getting an update on what's happening in Idaho, new sponsors or activities that are going on with the event, general overviews of how the special needs bags will work. This is a really big deal and many of us are diving in head-first blindfolded. I know I can get all the information I need, but I was just hoping for a little more personalized attention. Maybe as we get closer to the actual date the information will start flowing more.

4 comments:

Di said...

ignorance is bliss......
;) just sayin'

Scottie said...

Oh I hear ya. I have been waiting for at least junk mail Ironman stuff. I have been checking the CDA Ironman website for a month just waiting for them to update the 2008 Information schedule. I just really want Ironman stuff sent my way by either Email or just snail mail. We are just in that Ironman sponge info mode.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fe-lady said...

Got one too...have to make sure that my account has about 2 grand in it for the non-refundable hotel fee! WheW!