Wednesday, September 12, 2007

iF yOU wANT tO sHERPA yOU HAVE tO dO iT rIGHT...

Okay, I was reading a fellow Blogger's comment on the maiden post for this blog. Now, I am not going to single anyone out here. Yet...but the comment goes something like this...
I am doing a set of 6 oz curls with a fab cabernet tonight to freshen up my sherpa duties.Di, no slacking. I want a full report when you get in one of these grueling workouts.Also, I was at Lowe's earlier getting sign-making supplies for IM WI, so I'm working on these skills too...Man, I am such an overachiever...;-)
You see folks, fellow Bloggers, I am sharpening my Sherpa skills daily. I have already started preparing for next June. Yes, to insure that all of our competing athletes feel the back up we Sherpas are intent on providing I bought a cooler. "A cooler?" (you ask sideways to the person beside you). Yes. A cooler. Now, this isn't just ANY cooler. This will be an IRONMAN cooler. For when we lift that lid the morning after you cross that finish line, it will shine ever so brightly upon all who are near. Inside this cooler will be The Nector of The Sherpas. Bloody Marys. I make the meanest, baddest, most kick ass Bloody Mary you will ever know. No Bloody Mary will ever be the same after these. So. Prepare yourself to be ruined. Prepare yourself for REFRESHMENT.
How's that for being an overachiever? ;)
ps. IronJenny - I will be having a grueling workout tomorrow night with the girls. I'll post appropriately. lol

4 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Now you make sure you get a big cooler and Duane and I will carry it around. Maybe we can build you a little chair on it and you can pretend you are cleopatra and we are your hunky soldier guard guys.

Di said...

This gets better and better!!!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Can I just say, WHERE WERE YOU THIS TIME LAST YEAR. I was solo iron sherpa at Shane's first IM in Wisconsin....

I SOOO could have been on your team - and used the company - AND had SO.MUCH.FUN!

I was a lonely sherpa, but I was a damn good one. Except that ONE time out of like 10 that I missed him on the run cause I was oops... in a bar... listening to a few DNF'ers talk about their day. I was consoling though, so it can't be held against me. ANd, I made up for it and ran, thru the rain, in my jeans with all my stuff, like 2 extra miles to find him at another point.

Ok. I feel better now.

Di said...

TriDogMom - can't wait for '08!
;)