Sunday, September 16, 2007

Spokane Al I Am

As you may have guessed I reside in Spokane, WA which is a bit over one half hour from Coeur d’Alene, ID, the scene of the upcoming IM CDA 08.

Last year I trained very hard and had signed up for IM CDA 07 and then managed to trip and fall in the first mile of my first race in May 2007. I damaged my left hamstring fairly significantly and as a result have not yet healed sufficiently to be able to run even a single step. I am optimistic that things are coming along (albeit slowly) and have once again signed up for IM CDA 08. I am also looking forward to my very first tri-blogger meet up.

In that I live so close to Coeur d’Alene, I would like to extend an invitation to provide whatever help and assistance I can to all of you are who traveling from the hinterlands to this great part of the USA. If you need a ride to/from the airport, information or questions answered, please let me know. Please use me as a resource.

I look forward to meeting each of you.

Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Nice to meet you Al. Sounds like with your swim and bike skills, even if you walk the marathon you'll still have time to spare. Looking forward to meeting you in person. I am truly in awe of how you guys can ride up that elevation. That is awesome.

momo said...

al, i'm so glad that you signed up for cda '08. you have unfinished business - and i have faith you're going to take care of that this next year. i'm glad we're all going to be there to see it happen!

i am also pretty jealous that you get to ride those hills all the time, we have to go looking for hills here in az. maybe tri-dogmom and shane and i can make a trip up that way before race day to get some practice!

Fe-lady said...

Thanks Al!
I know I will have some questions for you later on as this "thing" gets closer!
Glad you are "coming along" as you put it...
can't wait to hook up with you and the other bloggers!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Looking forward to meetingyou Al!